Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRC's)
In order to ensure the safety of residents and staff working at the Council’s Household Waste Recycling Centres the following restrictions are currently in place:
- The number of vehicles allowed on site will be restricted, and queuing times will be higher than normal
- One person per car (NB. Blue Badge holders will be able to be accompanied by one family member)
- Social distancing of at least 2 metres will be strictly enforced.
- Site Employees will not be able to assist with unloading.
- Sites will be open 8.00 am – 8.00 pm every day.
- A limited number of vans and large trailers will be allowed into the sites to deposit household waste from Monday 13th July 2020
- Visits in vans and large trailers are strictly via a pre-arranged booking only - if residents arrive without a booking, they will be turned away.
- Bookings can be made by calling the Council on 0303 333 4300 - No ‘same day’ bookings can be accepted.
- Bookings must be made by 3.45pm on the day before the intended visit. For visits on a Saturday, Sunday, or Monday, bookings must be made by 3.45pm on the preceding Friday.
- There is no need to book a specific time slot – Once a booking has been confirmed residents can turn up at any time on their allotted day. Even with a booking, residents will still need to join the queue to enter.
- Visits in a van or with a large trailer will be strictly limited to visiting
either Johnsons Lane Centre
or Picow Farm Road Centre on one occasion only per week.
- Visits to deposit bulky items, furniture and DIY wastes will be strictly limited to 6 visits in a 12 month period
- If necessary, one passenger can be in the vehicle to assist with the unloading of large items from vans or large trailers
If households have had COVID-19 symptoms then waste should be left for at least 72 hours before disposal and personal waste should be safely double bagged. Place it in your normal bin collection if you can.
What can be recycled at these sites? »
Please note that commercial waste is not allowed on site.
NO commercial-type vehicles will now be able to use the sites without a
permit. Therefore, if you are planning to use a van or large trailer to access these sites, you will need to apply for the relevant
permit, which are available FREE for Halton residents and can be obtained from one of Halton’s Direct Links (One Stop Shops).
Full details, including what documentation you need to bring when applying for a permit, can be found in our
Permit Scheme Information section
Hazardous Household Waste
If you have household cement type asbestos to dispose of, these require special arrangements through an appointments system. To make an appointment email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0303 333 4300.
Up to 10 paint tins can be disposed of anytime at Johnsons Lane only.
For further information please contact us.
Local Recycling Points