Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRC's)
If you are visiting the household waste centre in a van or large trailer you must pre-arrange your visit
ONLINE REQUEST FORM
Visits in vans and large trailers are strictly via a pre-arranged booking only - if residents arrive without a booking, they will be turned away.
Visits in a van or with a large trailer to deposit bulky items, furniture and diy wastes will be strictly limited to 6 visits in a 12 month period
- Bookings can be made over the telephone by calling the council on 0303 333 4300 - no ‘same day’ bookings can be accepted.
- Telephone bookings must be made by 3.45pm on the day before the intended visit. for visits on a saturday, sunday, or monday, bookings must be made by 3.45pm on the preceding friday.
- You can also request a booking by completing the online request form - please ensure you allow at least 2 working days from date of request to date of intended visit, and you read all of the terms stated on this booking request form.
- There is no need to book a specific time slot – once a booking has been confirmed residents can turn up at any time on their allotted day. even with a booking, residents will still need to join the queue to enter.
- Visits in a van or with a large trailer to deposit general household waste and recyclable materials will be strictly limited to visiting either Johnsons Lane centre or Picow Farm Road centre on one occasion only per week.
Further information about Household Waste and Recycling Sites »
Please note that commercial waste is not allowed on either of the Council’s sites. Site Attendants have the discretion to refuse entry to anyone suspected of trying to deposit commercial waste. The vehicle details of anyone suspected of bringing commercial waste to the sites will also be forward to the Council’s Enforcement Team for investigation.
Hazardous Household Waste
If you have household cement type asbestos to dispose of, these require special arrangements through an appointments system. To make an appointment email
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0303 333 4300.
Up to 10 paint tins can be disposed of anytime at Johnsons Lane only.
For further information please contact us.
Local Recycling Points