Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRC's)
In order to ensure the safety of residents and staff working at the Council’s Household Waste Recycling Centres the following restrictions are currently in place:
- The number of vehicles allowed on site will be restricted, and queuing times will be significantly higher
- One person per vehicle (NB. Blue Badge holders will be able to be accompanied by one family member)
- No vans or large trailers.
- Social distancing of at least 2 metres will be strictly enforced.
- Site Employees will not be able to assist with unloading.
- Sites will be open 8.00 am – 8.00 pm every day.
If households have had COVID-19 symptoms then waste should be left for at least 72 hours before disposal and personal waste should be safely double bagged. Place it in your normal bin collection if you can.
What can be recycled at these sites? »
Please note that commercial waste is not allowed on site.
NO commercial-type vehicles will now be able to use the sites without a
permit. Therefore, if you are planning to use a van or large trailer to access these sites, you will need to apply for the relevant
permit, which are available FREE for Halton residents and can be obtained from one of Halton’s Direct Links (One Stop Shops).
Full details, including what documentation you need to bring when applying for a permit, can be found in our
Permit Scheme Information section
Hazardous Household Waste
If you have household cement type asbestos to dispose of, these require special arrangements through an appointments system.
Up to 10 paint tins can be disposed of anytime at Johnsons Lane only.
For further information please contact us.
Local Recycling Points