People who commit benefit fraud are costing you, the taxpayer, millions of pounds. You can ring us in confidence with information about people who might be committing benefit fraud and remain anonymous if you wish.
Report a fraud
What is benefit fraud?
- People who work but do not declare this when they claim benefit
- People who claim as a single person but actually live with a partner
- People who claim from an address but do not live there
- People who do not tell us the full amount of income, savings or capital when they claim benefit
- People who for any reason do not have any right to claim Housing Benefit or Council Tax Benefit
- The person pretends to rent a property which they actually own
- The person pretends to be paying more rent than they actually are
- The landlord fails to tell us their tenant has moved and still accepts Housing Benefit payments for them