Halton Family Hubs
We're working with partners in Halton to develop family hubs across the borough by March 2025.
This work is being funded by the Department for Education from the government’s Family Hubs Transformation Fund.
What are family hubs?
Family hubs support children and young people from birth until they reach the age of 19 (or up to 25 for young people with special educational needs and disabilities). They bring council, health and community services together so that families can access the right support at the right time.
Our family hubs will provide a mix of physical and virtual spaces, as well as outreach, where families can easily access non-judgmental support for the challenges they may be facing.
Services that are planned to be delivered from family hubs include:
- midwifery appointments, health checks, weaning and nutrition advice, early years play education and sensory development
- intensive support to reduce family problems that result in family breakdown, working with the child and family to make positive changes
- family help and support for children with disabilities or additional needs
- practical support around finance and housing
- youth support services, including youth justice
- mental health support for children, young people, families and new parents
Where to find our family hubs
Family hubs are not necessarily about creating new buildings but focus on bringing services together and changing the way family help and support is delivered locally. In practice, this will be a mix of using existing children’s centres and other community spaces.
Timescales for our family hubs
We are planning to have our first family hub from July and will have others in place by March 2025. We’re currently looking at where those sites might be, and which buildings could be used.
Where can I find local services to support families now?
Please contact your local
children’s centre or our
family information service.
You can find more information about our
‘start for life’ local offer here and more information on Family Hubs in Halton will be published here as the work develops.