​Get Help for a Relative, Friend or Someone you Know

How to get social care support for a relative or friend to help them live well and stay safe

Everybody needs a little help sometimes. If it's getting harder for your family member or friend to manage, you may be able to get the extra care and support you need for yourself, a relative or a friend through adult social care.

If you are a relative or close friend and have discussed the possibility of getting support, you can find more information about how to get support in the adult social care support services section

Are you concerned about someone that is not a relative or close friend?

If you are worried about a person (who is over 18 years of age) who is not a relative or close friend, and can see that they may need support, you can tell us.

It may be because:

  • There are signs of injury or mobility problems;
  • They seem frail or confused;
  • They are not looking after themselves as they normally would; or
  • They do not have family or friends nearby and you have not been able to make contact with them.

Please see information on how to report concerns about an adult at risk of abuse or neglect