Community Groups & Funding/Grants Advice
Information below focuses on community funding and advice. Information on business support funding is available from
Halton Borough Councils is currently offering grants from £5,000 up to a maximum of £10,000 for organisations that want to provide positive activities for young people age 10yrs-19yrs and up to 25yrs for young people with additional needs between or during October 2020 to March 2021, which supports one or more of the following objectives:
- Initiatives which will support the employability of young people;
- Initiatives which will support the reduction youth related crime and anti-social behaviour;
- Initiatives that bring communities together to resolve and continually improve their local offer for young people.
- Activities for young people, which address and improve economic disadvantage and exclusion.
- Activities that involve young people in improving, designing, identifying and implementing community activities.
Complete Online Application Form »
Or Download Word Version Application Form »
If you have an idea for a project which and would like funding you may be able to apply for
Area Forum funding
Halton Borough Council is committed to supporting community groups and voluntary organisations and believes these groups can make a positive contribution to improving community life.
You can now apply for this grant
online but please make sure you have completed your application form (word document) ready to upload.
Voluntary Sector Core Funding
Setting up a community group
Each group varies but in general once you have at least 3 people (and preferably more) you will need to do the following:
- Hold an initial meeting
- Agree the groups aims
- Write a constitution
- Open a bank account
- Decide who is going to do what
What support can the Council (Community Development) provide?
These are some of the key things that the team can help you with:
- Forming a group
- Running meetings (writing agenda and minutes etc)
- Sourcing and applying for funding
- Writing policies and procedures
- Planning Consultation
- Action Planning
For information & advice around setting up a group please
Funding Advice & Support
For information & advice around funding please
contact us. The support offered includes:
- Funding searches
- Targeted funding information updates via quarterly bulletins
- Support with bid writing
- Production of supporting documents e.g. business plans and development of funding strategies
Monthly funding bulletins are available offering information on funding opportunities.
Sign up to recieve bulletin updates to your inbox
Funding opportunities available
Please find below the details of the Courses run by Halton Borough Council.
- Basic Bid Writing Training: Subjects covered in the course include: Essential requirements of a strong bid (‘Top-Tips’); Basic bid-writing skills to meet the funder’s essential requirements; Common reasons for bid failure.
- Monitoring and Evaluation Training: Subjects covered in the course include: To understand what Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) involves; To learn why it is necessary; To understand where and how Monitoring & Evaluation should be used in grant-funded projects; To learn best practice (‘top tips’) for producing good quality and effective data and reports.
- Now You Have Your Grant Course: This course will offer a basic introduction to the responsibilities of grant management for those who have not received external funding before, or who are relatively new to managing grant funding.
If you wish to attend, dates are available on our online booking form.
- We also have available to purchase a Bid Writing Reference Manual which is an excellent resource for bid writing. If you require any more information or wish to purchase a Manual please
get in touch