In an emergency situation always dial 999. Otherwise don’t suffer in silence if you or someone you know is suffering from domestic violence and abuse, call or text Halton Domestic Abuse Service on 0300 11 11 247.
Domestic violence and abuse can be:
- Physical - hitting, kicking, shoving, pushing, punching, biting
- Psychological - bullying, belittling, verbal abuse, humiliation
- Emotional - lowering your self-esteem, making you feel useless/worthless/like a bad parent
- Financial - fraud, not letting you have any money, taking your money, creating debts in your name
- Sexual - assault, rape, using sex as a bargaining tool
Hate crime is a particularly serious issue that can seriously affect the quality of life for people and communities.
If you are the victim of abuse, or you know someone who you think is being or has been abused, then it is really important to seek help
There are also a number of local and national organisations you might want to talk to: