Monthly and weekly tickets can be used on various bus services within Halton.
Buy your Halton Hopper
- Aged 18 and under?
- You can go wherever you want all day for just £2.20
- Whether you’re off to college, the cinema, the shops or to meet friends, it’s cheaper and easier to get there with
MyTicket – the exclusive bus ticket for young people aged 5-18 travelling across Halton and Merseyside.
- Just ask your bus driver for
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update:
The restriction on travel before 09.30 has been suspended until further notice meaning that those with an eligible Cheshire concessionary bus pass can travel free of charge on all local bus services.
We hope that being able to use your bus pass earlier will allow you to take advantage of the recent decision made by many leading food retailers to provide early morning ‘protected shopping hours’ for older and vulnerable people in society during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please bear in mind the Government's advice about restricting social contact, particularly if you are over 70 or have underlying health conditions, and of course please do not travel if you are self-isolating. If you have any questions refer to the latest advice from the NHS and Public Health England at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/.
Concessionary Fares are available for people who meet the qualifying age criteria and those with a registered disability. Concessionary pass holders are entitled to free off-peak travel on bus services after 9.30am weekdays and at all times at weekends and on public holidays. Full fare charges apply to all travel before 9.30am during weekdays.
Disabled bus pass
- You’re eligible for a disabled person’s pass if you live in England and are meet the eligibility criteria. Below is the application form along with an evidence sheet detailing what are acceptable proofs of eligibility.
- Please complete and return the
application form to a
One Stop Shop along with proof of ID and residency. Please see the
evidence sheet for acceptable proofs.
- If you are unable to provide any of the eligibility proofs as detailed on the evidence sheet then you can call into a
One Stop Shop to sign a declaration sheet for the concessionary travel team to contact your GP.
Older persons bus pass
- If you
qualify for an older persons bus pass you can complete the
application form and return it to a
One Stop Shop along with proofs of ID, Residency and age (see application form for acceptable proofs.)
- Please note a passport sized photograph is required for all applications. If you cannot provide a recent passport quality photograph then an Officer in the
One Stop Shop will be able to take one free of charge when you hand in your completed form.
- If you have received a letter with a unique renewal code and are in possession of your current bus pass then the quickest way to renew is
Replacement bus passes
Lost or Stolen Bus Pass - You should notify us as soon as possible by
Contacting Us. Seven days after you have notified us of the loss, a replacement can be ordered by contacting us again and paying the fee of £10.00. This payment is non-refundable. If your original pass is found after the issue of your replacement you must return it to the Council for secure disposal.
Damaged Pass - If the pass is damaged then a £10.00 fee must be paid before a replacement can be issued. Payment can be made by
Passes not Scanning – Passes that do not scan on Buses must be presented for inspection at a
One Stop Shop. If there is no apparent damage to the card then it will be replaced free of charge. However, should there be signs of damage then a £10.00 fee must be paid before a replacement can be issued.
Senior Citizen Railcards
If you are in receipt of an older persons bus pass issued by Halton Borough Council then you are entitled to a 1 year senior citizen railcard at a discounted rate. Discount codes are available from any
One Stop Shop. This code can be taken away by the applicant and redeemed either online or on the telephone and payment at the discounted rate will be applied. The railcard will be posted out to the applicant’s home address.